Friday, June 29, 2012

New Day!

Had another great day with the boy! He threw a few temper tantrums but made up for them with lots of loving a kisses. We got good news today! We are going back tomorrow morning! This is bittersweet for me. I know this rhino will be much better there, here its like a zoo. People stop all the time to ask questions and take pictures. He's  celebrity. But there is also so much noise of others things going on. Loud cars, construction, and much more. When he gets back he will have his own space where he can decide when he wants to go out or come in. Here we decide. He will have nice grass instead of this room, with padded walls(which makes me feel like I am in an insane hospital, all I need is a straight jacket) and not have rubber on the ground outside. We had to put that in his pen outside because he kept eating the stinking dirt! Silly boy!

Im ready to get out of this small room, but its really sad. I have made great friends here. Some wonderful people. I have only got to spend a short while with them but their presence will never be forgotten...of course because we have Facebook!!! haha

He will still need 24 hour care, so this Rhino can't get rid of me that easily! Today when Alana and I was moving him from his indoor room to his outdoor pen, he decided to run.......and run......and explore. He wasn't at all interested in his milk, stubborn boy! Boeke!! he would say! Come here boy!!...nope...hes a black rhino, he doesn't have to listen to us, and he made that point clear. After sitting there and letting him explore he finally decided ok I'll go in the pen now! whew!He then realized he was trapped and threw a royal tantrum. Even though he is ramming you with his brute strength and strong horn you can't help but laugh. He is just so cute. He calmed down a bit a decided to play. For some reason, he's interested in shoes. Loves them, my toms however are a toy. He enjoys charging at them..of course I charge back and we play a little fun game. Today he also played in his pool. One of the vet students brought in a doggie pool...I think we are in fact raising a Hippo not a rhino because he loves it. He blows bubbles, kicks his feet(although only 3 feet). One time his 4th foot came in the pool and he had a hissy! He let out a squeal and let us have it for like 30 minutes.

His squeals are seriously the cutest thing...well equal to Emma's bark of course. He lets out these whimpers and people wonder, "is that coming from him?" indeed it is! haha Poor thing is confused. He thinks he's a human, a hippo and a mouse! He "talks" when he's hungry, uncomfortable, has a tummy ache, wants to go inside, and so much more. He just is all around cute, even his bum. You should also see his face when he urinates...priceless. It is the face of utter relief and bliss! I love it!

This boy is smarter than perceived. I think he likes to pull pranks. He literally pees like 4 liters at once! It is insane! We try to catch it in this pitcher when he is in the room. Ive gotten quite good at telling, but sometimes he will throw a curveball. He will squat to go, we run over and he will then just lay down. We will then sit down or turn our heads and bam! he's peeing! hahahahahaha Sometimes he will fill up one jug and we will carefully transfer another. This takes great skill and speed, if not(i know this from experience as will as many others here) that if you don't get it just right you will end up with a face full of urine! Excellent! haha

Since my room reaks of mold now, I slept with Alana in the Rhinos room. Alana slept on the bales of hay with a mattress on it and i slept on the cusion with the rhino by my side. LOVED IT!!! He would wake he up by getting a nice taste of my face with his cute little lips! haha love his lips!! He is seriously easy to love, he has definitely got me wrapped around is little horn!

Ok I'm off to cuddle with him now!

Cheers for now!

3 comments:

  1. You make me laugh. I read this and laughed out loud. My mental images of this still make me snicker. Cute Rhino lips? Really? My main fear now is how am I going to find a doggy door big enough for something like this. Good luck with the transfer tomorrow. Cheers. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We see these rhinos surrounding the blog with all the kissy lips, he really must be something special. Are his legs as long as these little rhinos? Trying to imagine a black Emma and I come up with .... a black Emma without a horn. Love and Prayers, Meme & Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha your welcome dad! haha and yeah we might need a bigger doggy door for sure!! hahaha

    meme and pop-haha thats an very funny image!! he looks similar to the surrounding pictures except his cute little lips are pointed instead of square. He's a bit bigger now, with a bigger horn. He can fit between my legs when I am standing up....but I have to stand a bit on my tip toes. He weighs probably near 70Kilos, which i recently discovered thats about 155 pounds. He's big, but getting much bigger!! haha

    ReplyDelete