Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ok so the transfer went great! He literally walked right up the ramp and into the bucky...a small covered truck bed. No coaxing or anything! truly amazing! Alana sat in the back with him and i sat up front handing her things if she needed them. She probably needed a new nose because he let loose a few nice ones...haha! So rank! haha He easily went straight into his new enclosure. He is loving it. He is free to run, play, go in and out as he pleases. Today was great watching him play. He was so excited. Truly brought and smile and tears to my face just to see him finally happy, much happier than before in his small padded room. I am going to miss my new friends though, but glad this boy is happy. Maybe we are on the upslope. Please pray for this guy. Poor thing's suture ripped through a bit of his anus and has a truly sore bum and so much tummy troubles. Pray he gets better and that he keeps his bum in.

I am going to get side tracked real fast to tell a story about what happened to me yesterday. The cute rhino and I had a great day yesterday. He was nice and relaxed. Only a few temper tantrums, causing me to climb on top of the fence. Well yesterday I decided to wear one of my jeans. I guess at some point when I was siting on top of the fences I ripped my jeans. Right on the bum...did I notice? nope. I only noticed when I sat on this plastic thing once we were indoors a few hours later. It was really cold. I reached down and discovered the hole.......I had been around cute future vet men, other spectators around to see the rhino, and many more people. A lot of the time I had to bend down to get things.......i could of died. It a good thing we left this morning. ha.

So here is really nice. I am glad to be back. THe bush is much better than the city. We are literally sitting with the rhino in his enclosure when a hear of Elands come out of the bush to eat. A big bull, females, and a baby...of course the moment I don't have my camera. But its amazing and different animals keep showing up. Pesky monkeys are everywhere. Staring, fighting, just being obnoxious. Everyone here can't stand them because they are so "naughty" they say. Arrie says, "those freakin' monkeys." I can't help but think they are cute. This place, their farm is magnificent. Truly. Even on the drive here we saw vlakvark (warthogs), Elands, Kudu, and baboons just near the street. Amazing.

I have night duty tonight. Its a bit different here than at the hospital...since it pretty much outside. I mean I have these walls...a gate...but the cold still gets in and all the sounds the monkeys and other animals are making. Its pretty cool...but I have to admit a bit scary. Don't worry mom, Im literally 20 yards from their house, which is surrounded by a guarded gate....I am very safe. Its kind of like camping, but with a rhino and heat lamps. Oh, I also forgot to mention that my neighbors, meaning in the next room, and many other room surrounding mine is where they keep the snakes...oh yeah...my favorite. And not just a few...lots...from small corn snakes to huge pythons...Ryan...the snake guy, I would like to thank for that. I came here knowing snakes would be here and prepared to attempt to face the fear I have...this is a bit fast...eek!!! Nasty things. I made sure that there was NO WAY they could get in my room, and they can't so Ill be ok. Icky things,

I miss my mom, dad, family, and friends. Emma, Daisy, and Sadie, and of course Duckie and Ziva. I can't what to see them soon, but this is a trip and experience of a lifetime and I am having a blast...now as week speak, silly boy has decided to use my foot as a face scratcher! haha siwy boy. I wish you all could see him, hopefully soon I can get pictures up!

Leke slob(have a nice night)

Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. oh, my! you and your adventures! They can only happen to you. You know me so well, I was getting a nervous and then I read "Don't worry, mom I'm safe" you are funny! But a mom will always worry! But I know you are safe. The snake thing a little freaky, I could not do that! RATS!!! Do you mean your room you are living in, is by the snakes or the Rhino is near the snakes? I want to hear what you are eating, and several people have asked. I Love you and miss you a lot. Keep Enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well another chapter in a very interesting experience...We look forward to hearing each time you add to your already exciting accounts. Keep safe and know that we are with you in spirit and prayers. It is so exciting knowing that, YEP!! Hillary can handle it all.God Bless and we love you. Meme and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha oh Hillary, only you would rip your jeans!! Silly girl! Miss you so much and praying for you lots! So glad you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks kels!! Miss you too!!! and thank you meme and pop! I love and miss you too!!!! and mom the snakes are in the same building but in the next room. Im in the same room with the rhino. haha I love and miss you too! Ok my next post very soon, I just posted one but tomorrow I will put what I have been eating tomorrow! i love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting that your boy has a new home. Progress is good. On his way back to his home....hopefully.
    Dont worry about leaving your friends....apparently you made a lasting impression on them. BUMmer. Put it behind you. If someone cracks on you, I will send them to the moon. (Could not resist).
    "Camping" with the Rhino...awesome. Has to be better than camping with curious George. Remember him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hillary - I love reading your blog! What you are doing is so cool!! I would love to be around that little guy. Praying for you and hope that God shows you some big things through this! Have fun!!
    Jenn (Stiltner) Kendrick

    ReplyDelete