Wednesday, July 18, 2012

HELLO!

Hello everyone! I am so sorry I haven't posted in a while. I ran out of internet and had to wait a while to be able to go buy some! Oh the things I take for granted back home! Like Trixie. Oh Trixie! I really miss my Honda Civic and how I have the freedom to drive places and not have to worry about getting a ride or being stranded somewhere. I miss Chick Fil a. Thats really sad...but I do. Also having constantly something to drink or eat, just having the freedom to go get something if you are out, here its important that I plan ahead. All these things, and much more, I take for granted at home, now I really appreciate them.

So the past few days. A few days ago I had the day shift. When I got there, it was a bit chilly but ok. We are trying to get him up and going because he would be up exploring if he was in the wild. He is a spoiled brat. He loves his nice warm lamps and comfy room. We joke and say he isn't a morning rhino. He likes to sleep in, which is fine by me, I like to sleep in too. After a lot of coaxing and pushing and shoving we finally got the big boy up! It was a hassle t get him out of the room, but as soon as we did we shut and locked his door. He did not appreciate that one bit. Starting ramming the door, me, and anything he could. After his black rhino temper tantrum he decided that since that isnt working he will try a different angle. He then started whining and rubbing his head gently against me. I said "listen buddy, trust me I would rather be nice and warm too but its for your own good." After a little more whines he finally gave in. Stubborn boy.

 So this might be a lithe weird but when you are caring and love such an animal things like I am about to say don't really matter...please don't think weird of me...but my sweet baby boy and I are relaxing in the sun and I notice something weird on his...private area. As I was was doing this the poor boy let loose some diarrhea. Well...then he decided the swing his tail...therefore flinging his poop right in my face...thank you so much boy. After I cleaned off the best I could I went to go take a sip of my drink. As I am chugging away I feel something hit my lip. I looked down and noticed there was a bee taking a swim! yuck! Soon after I decided to disinfect his room with a veterinary disinfectant. First I removed his mat. I guess he had pooed in there on his bed beforeI got there and no one noticed. Well I noticed as it swiped all over my clothes! Great! I then later continued cleaning. Scrubbing the walls from his poo that had gotten on there. He came in and helped. Watching me closely. I scrubbed the floors and also put fresh garbage bags over his bed.

During the day he had some diarrhea like usual, but other than that he played and sunned.

The next day I had the night shift. He had some more diarrhea and had a very upset stomach. He began to cry. He just couldn't get comfortable. So I went down and laid with him until he stopped crying and went to sleep. He is just like a human baby. That night was particularly cold and windy. So we snuggled and had a pretty good rest of the night. The next day we were busy trying to figure out how to stop the diarrhea and are also really nervous that he might have a stomach ulcer. He is drooling excessively and grinding and chewing a lot, which are signs of  a stomach ulcer, but good news the plan is to take his sutures out on friday. Thats going to be a crazy day. Everyone will be watching him so closely. Once I left him I desperately needed todo laundry. So I went to Pete and Lisa's house todo laundry. It was a really nice time spending time with Lisa. She is from Ireland. I love her accent. She is a great lady. Pete came home. Tyrone, who I spent some time with at the beginning stopped by with his wife and daughter. Seriously his daughter could be twins with my cousin Mack. I showed them a picture of him and they were amazed how similar they looked. We said Tyrone have you been to America recently. Haha but seriously they look so similar it was scary. They asked for me to stay for dinner and Pete made a delicious meal. Sausage where he cut down the middle, but not all the way through and we but cheese and onions in it. Seriously delicious. I had a great evening with them.

Yesterday I had the day shift with him again and had a pretty nice and peaceful day. Besides some diarrhea it was nice. Giraffe came really close and of course I went to check them out and take pictures. Beautiful.  Later I went along to feed Mike and Nana, the adult White Rhino, Nyala, Impala, and the Warthogs. These white rhinos are beautiful and so amazing. When I got out of the vehicle and went to the bag to get the other bag of food i get something sharp scrap my hip. I look down and there is Nyala bull walked by with his horns down. Ouch. It was really sharp and if he was attacking wow that would easily be a day ruiner. Luckily I just have a scratch, but I have to say its stinking cool. I poured some food in on of the food bowl things and he came back over. I could sit there and touch his horns and he just sat there. It was amazing. I walked around filling as many as I could so that they could spred out. The rhino couple thought they owned it all and went back and forth. Theses animals are so beautiful. Every single one. The warthogs on their knees trying to sneak as much food as they can with out being noticed. It was indescribable.

I miss you all! Thank you all for everything.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. "Oh Lordy", was what Pop said after we read this. I agree but will say it differently "Lord, thank you for taking care of our girl, and 'boy'." The new free standing Chic Fil A , north side is now open. They have a valet service where you go through the drive-up, order, pay, park and go inside and they'll have your table ready. We are spoiled, thanks for the reminder. Love & prayers, Meme & Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man CHICK FIL A is the best! haha yes God is keeping a close eye on me and my little rhino! haha Thank you guys and enjoy that chick fil a!! Love You both!

    ReplyDelete