Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Day!

Last night was a good night! He only had a little bit of diarrhea and thats it. I had a visitor come in as well. They have an African Wild Cat as kind of a pet. It lives outside, but is seriously the friendliest cat I have ever met. She climbed through the rafters and joined me in my bed with the rhino. She slept there all night with me. Silly kitty! I think she came in there because she loves me...or the fact that there is heater lights in there, human contact, and nice warm blankets. haha Why wouldn't she join? She stays clear of Rhino though. Every time he gets up to smell her, she runs. So funny. 

Today was the big day! Sutures are out and his bum is still in...touch wood! The issue will be when he passes faeces...yep that is how they spell it here. haha but so far so good. This adventure brought in the would crowd. The vet from the hospital came...Yohan...This man is seriously a mess and I love him to bits! Such a joker and I love it! The other vet for the orphanage, Pierre and his assistant, Gabby a vet who lives here know who is from Mexico and works with the orphanage who has been out of town until today, and her boyfriend, Karen, Arrie, Yolande, Lee, who actually runs the training school here and is a brilliant man. I have never met anyone who knows so much about the bush...even Arrie says so. Lee also has a couple books out and is traveling soon to the U.S. to have a meeting with The Smithsonian, National Geographic, and this guy who has the title "The Geographer." Pretty big deal! Basically everyone was there. It was a main event, and a successful one at that. Now all it needs todo is stay IN!!! 

Lee took Alan, Yolande, and I around showing us where to get the proper leaves for Rhino to eat. It was an great Botany lesson and enjoyed learning so much about him. Overall, today has been a good day. I am running on like 5 cups of coffee now and it is starting to wear off. I am now back in my room and I think now I will just relax. 

I miss and love you all! 

Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lord!! Just stay put bum!! Your friends all seem interesting, especially the "kitty". Love and prayers, Meme & Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all great!! haha and yes Thank The LORD!!

    ReplyDelete